We had 66 in the field and ladies from, Port Sorell, Woodrising, Penguin, Ulverstone, Wynyard, Sheffield, Prospect, Bridport and Gordon Golf Club, Sydney.
All the ladies arrived wearing lots of pink so the sea of pink in the room was fabulous.
Neville and I (Lorraine Smith) are very happy to Sponsor this Day, but it cannot be SO SUCCESSFUL without the wonderful support of our Members and most important all the visitors help make it a very special day – A few thankyous –
- To everyone who contributed to setting up/decorating the Club house and the Course – it all looked amazing when we walked back in there today - Thankyou
- Thankyou to all our Volunteer Ground mens – the Course was amazing
- Thankyou to Matt Clark for helping me do the cards on Monday night – well might I add – all I contributed was reading out the numbers and Matt did all the hard computer work – it was ok but a bit of getting around to print the cards.
- Thanks to Leonie Clarke and Sue Westlake for the Results – those 3/8’s with Canadians are never fun – especially with countbacks and best 9’s
- Thankyou to Linda and Paul Baggott for doing the Bar – both dressed in Pink and looking fabulous
- Thankyou to all the Ladies for providing the food for an amazing plate arrangement. Marg Brown, Cecily Berglund and Marj Robson, great job again in the kitchen with no one going home hungry.
- Huge thankyou to Cecily and Ernie Berglund for going out in the shocking wind yesterday to pick all the Peonies to decorate the room and have for sale – I think just quickly we raised $410 from them, how good is that.
- I would Like to thank Gina for supplying three bottles of wine for the raffle – Gina has donated these now for three years and I am very appreciative of them – Wendy Richardson also gave a Hand Cream which added to the 3rd prize.
- Thankyou John Crawford for mowing the greens and putting out the string on the 3rd for us, your work on Tuesday mornings is always appreciated by the lady’s
- I would like to thank my Partner Betty Dick, this is the only game she plays in the year and she still hits a great ball – but she expects to do this everytime!!!
- One Last SPECIAL THANKYOU will go to our Special Guest Speaker – Robyn Sutcliffe – Robyn is a Breast Cancer survivor and her story from getting breast cancer at 31 with a 5 mth old baby girl up until today was extremely touching and a huge insite into what Cancer patients go through – I know it certainly teared me up and looking around the club house I think most ladies were very touched by her story. – Amazing Lady – she also said how wonderful it was to walk into a Club Room and find it so full of “PINK” was very welcoming to her.
Great Day – Great Fun – Great Food – CONGRATULATIONS THIRLSTANE GOLF CLUB MEMBERS